A while back, I did a blog post about bright people who have left the industry. Here’s a quick update (and I welcome further input from anybody who has other names to add).
- Chris Jennewein is back in, having gone to work for the Las Vegas Sun.
- Sean Polay has rejoined Ottaway.
- Lucas Grindley is now online managing editor at National Journal.
- Not included in the previous list, and I can’t remember if this was an oversight, or if he left McClatchy after the post: Dick van Halsema is now consulting.
- Steve Smith, who traditionally would probably be classified more print side, but was long a forward-thinking new media leader — he made a very public exist from Spokane this week.