I haven’t surfed YouTube for local video in a while. Today I did. The links below might serve as a taste of life in Bako.
- A Bakersfield Documentary by Marcus Mulick.
- If you love trains, Bakersfield to Caliente, including what looks like a small section of the Tehachapi Loop.
- Lots of dust, as Bakersfield skaters ride their boards in a ditch.
- This ain’t exactly “Streets of Bakersfield”, but it is a song about Bakersfield.’
- Peta bikini protest at KFC.
- Some Bako rap, “Motivation”
- A drag queen outside the Oildale honky tonk, Trout’s.
- Citizen media at its finest: The King of Poontang.
- amateurs film makers making a film about making an amateur movie …
- Local punk favorites, the Filthies. This one’s pretty good.
- Another local punk band, Midnight Panic, with a good video.
- The animated piece, Methheads Living in Bakersfield.
- This is interesting: It’s a tribute to Travis Baldwin, a local youth killed while riding his skateboard. The video is a mash up, using footage shot by the local newspaper and family photos of Travis.
- Too kids torture a snowman.
- This video wasn’t approved by the Chamber of Commerce: Life As It Should Be.
- Another documentary about Bakersfield set to music.
- And, of course, for those who haven’t seen it yet, the classic Armpit of the State.
Three guys at Sonic Burger (I hate foot cramps).