Just a couple of notes from Hillary Schneiderâ€™s presentation:
Local search on the web has grown 28 percent over the past year. For Yahoo!, local search intent has risen from 11 percent of all Yahoo! searches to 14 percent.
On Yahoo!, 116 million people per month do local searches.
Local ad spending:
- National advertisers, there are 17,000 business spending $22.4 billion on local buys
- Regional advertisers, there are 85,000 businesses spending $48.3 billion on local buys
- Local advertisers, there are 22 million businesses spending $33.6 billion on advertising.
Schneider said, that what we need to understand is what local advertisers are looking for, what their intent is, and at what will make online advertising compelling.
On the newspaper consortium:
- Newspapers bring high quality local content, offline distribution, local community and local sales.
- Yahoo! brings leading edge technology, online reach, platforms and products, national sales.
During Q&A, Hillary said Yahoo! is very happy with UGC. It helps them power the algorithms of how they deliver advertising.